"They could be made to accept the most flagrant violations of reality, and were not sufficiently interested in public events to notice what was happening"
- George Orwell - 1984

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Racist attack on 13 year old White boy


Norfolk Beating Caught on Tape

A violent beating in Norfolk is caught on tape. The 13 year-old victim and his family believe the attack could have been racially motivated.

The victim in this case is a 13 year-old white boy, Damien O'Rourke. The group who attacked him is made up of all African American teenagers. Damien and his family believe the teens may have picked the fight because Damien is white.

"I was going to play football with my friends. The next thing I know when I got there, there was like, seven black kids who said they were going to beat me up and they started beating me up," says Damien.

Damien and his family say the violent fight was unprovoked.
Story Here

No comments: